Technical and QC Manager
You’ve a background in technical packaging and formulation and have an understanding of regulatory issues/constraints within the global world of Beauty.
You’re comfortable with providing guidance when needed, and are used to developing and maintaining key supplier relations along with conducting testing and trials on components, bulk and finished goods whilst supporting flawless successful delivery.
The idea of working for one of the fastest-growing British beauty businesses appeals to you and you’ll be able to match the positive and can-do attitude of our existing staff.
Working collaboratively will be natural to you, and you’ll understand how to get the best out of your team.
There’s a lot to do in this role, so time management and strong organisational skills are critical. You’ll oversee four key areas within this role;
Technical – pack/formulation
- You’ll create technical briefs (formulation and packaging) which will be added to the supplier brief when tendering out to suppliers.
- You’ll create packaging, packing specs and palette plans as required. You’ll manage sample packaging with suppliers to try out different materials and designs based on the brief.
- You’ll present options for formulation and ingredient stories based on knowledge and input from suppliers, ensuring that they meet the brief.
- You’ll be responsible for production trials and lab stability/compatibility tests to make sure the packaging/ formula works properly and is safe.
- You’ll liaise with the FG supplier in relation to the formulation development ensuring the product produced is globally compliant, commercial and fit for purpose.
- You’ll maintain all technical specifications and testing data per project and will provide development spend estimates to the PM for each project.
- You’ll be responsible for the ownership of Product Information Files for each project, the CPNP portal and ensuring that are KMI Brands products are inputted.
- You’ll coordinate with ops, regulatory agencies, distributors and retailers to solve registration issues in existing markets.
- You’ll manage the relationship with external regulatory agencies and will negotiating yearly retainer, setting expectations and monitoring performance.
- You’ll design and maintain an internal finished product and ingredient database and will ensure all Noughty products are cruelty free and vegan friendly compliant and meet registration criteria.
- You’ll keep up to date with packaging regulations and trading standards and will ensure all teams are aware of any new regulatory updates and managed any changes to product with the relevant teams.
- You’ll manage any quality control issues across the business working with suppliers to rectify any issues that occur whilst maintaining detailed records of any issues that have occurred with the solutions. If any issues arise, you’ll report these to the business and will update us accordingly.
- You’ll ensure all new suppliers meet the KMI Brands standards and that all certificates are recorded and audits are carried out yearly on suppliers where needed.
- This is such an important area for us; we need you to take ownership of our sustainability goals and to set targets with our Leadership team to ensure that these are achieved across all our brands. You’ll manage our component list and make recommendations as to how products can become more sustainable.
We are currently based in Teddington and are relocating to Holborn in December.
- Free product allowance
- Plenty of staff social events
- Generous staff discounts
- Company Pension
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working