Junior Creative Artworker
Perhaps you’ve studied Graphic Design? Whether you have or not, you’ve a couple of years’ experience under your belt and the idea of getting into packaging, with one of the fastest growing British beauty businesses appeals. You’ve worked in a similar role previously, and will have experience of print work, with some digital thrown in.
You’re adept with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products, are comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to take direction and work under your own initiative.
You’re able to prioritise your own workload, ensuring all packaging artwork is thoroughly checked and approved before releasing.
About the Role.
We’re looking for an exceptional Junior Creative Artworker / Designer creative artworker to join our enthusiastic and busy team. You’ll be working closely with the brand and marketing teams to design the packaging for the Brands we work with, and will have a natural talent for artworking and simple visualisation with an eye for detail.
You’ll be happy to ‘muck in’ with both production artworking as well as broader design briefs. Your personality will mean that you’ll find it easy to get along with colleagues, pulling your weight as part of a successful team. If you’ve got an idea, we’ll want to hear it!
Reporting to the Creative Artworker, you’ll be responsible for the creative development of any client projects for products, gifts, and marketing materials.
You’ll be required to support with graphic design projects, applying designs across a range of medias and artwork, so an eye for detail and the ability to work fast and flawlessly are a must.
Our Artworking team work to understand the needs of our clients and the market, to ensure that we supply commercial, innovative, well-designed and appropriate products for customers (both internal and external) for KMI Brands
Day to day, you’ll get involved in the following:
- Completing all product briefs, whether individual products or range reviews from concept ideas through to finished artwork on time and in full.
- Advising brand and product team on pantone colours and print process.
- To continually look at the innovation and design of packaging and apply to KMI brands products.
- Manage any agency outsourcing if required.
- Design of support material for the brands, examples include (apart from product and gift): company newsletters, launch/promo materials (press releases, t-shirts, leaflets, displays, POS etc.), with a focus on commercial disciplines to remain cost effective.
- Support digital team on creation of one off assets as and when needed.
- Administration and organisation are critical to the role and will need meticulous detail in filing, processes, approvals and sign off, updating software.
- Overseeing the library of brands and their IP in design and logos in a structured format.
- Working closely with brand managers to ensure that an accurate and concise brief is received so that a high quality finished product is achieved without time being wasted.
- Working with Management team to maintain Corporate Identity.